Thanks so much to my bro Matt for nominating me for Behind the Blogger 2.0. Matt likes to share his faith, life with chronic illness and depression, and his experiences with refugees and immigrants.
Thank the person who nominated you
Answer all the questions down below
Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
Why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
I sort of “stumbled” into it when I originally sought out encouraging online Christian community. Andrew had me join his online game, but I’m not a gamer. However, I found that I did enjoy interacting with the players.
I soon gave up on gaming and started social networking on a Christian website. From there I was inspired by those who were writing, especially my big brother and mentor, Chuck. It wasn’t long before I realized that I had a passion for writing, so I was off and running!
I keep blogging because I can’t not write! As Deandra put it, I’m a “scribbler” (Haha…I love that!) “The Scribbler” is so going to be my “superhero” name. 😃 Andrew calls my Bible my “colouring book” so, hey, it fits perfectly into my “God’s Kid Speaks” theme.
Her Strengths include:
- She’s not ashamed of the gospel (Romans 1:16 )
- She believes, so she speaks (2 Corinthians 4:13-15)
- She loves at all times (Proverbs 17:17)
- God is within her (Psalm 46:5)
- She always has hope (Psalm 71:14)
- She loves God’s teachings (Psalm 119:16)
- She never gives up (Galatians 6:9)
Her weaknesses include:
- She’s not always patient! (She’ll get there!)
- She can freak right out! (That’s a comfort zone thing.)
- She doesn’t always think/pray before she speaks (She’s learning!)
- She can lean on her own understanding. (She’s doing way better!)
- She’s still a work in progress…(Yeah buddy.)
- Thank the Lord He finishes what He starts! 😊 ❤
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
I love the deep theological stuff, but I don’t think too many share my passion. Mostly I write what the Lord shows me through all of life’s lessons. I do enjoy this. I love poetry as well, and I’m working on some lighter anecdotes or works of fiction? Maybe. Dunno!
What are your Top Three favorite blog posts?
Favorites always get me! Let me think…
Something poetic: Read Letters
Something goofy: A Peter Piper Conspiracy Theory
A not so easy to share, lesson: Let No One Separate
I wouldn’t call the last one a favorite as it was so hard to share. There are still times when I can’t believe that I put it out there, kept it out there, and am again drawing attention to it, however, I do consider it an important lesson and post.
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
I’m trying to remember. (lol) The last two years have been really tough. However, these things help immensely:
- Remembering that God works all of it for good…
- Listening to praise and worship music
- I’m trying to get back into some sort of crafty hobby.
- Cuddling up to my hubby and finding something good to watch together.
- Being a goof
What are three of your favorite things?
My family and friends
What are your proudest blogging moments?
Hmmmm. This one stumped me. I have no Idea. I’m usually too busy tripping over myself and beating myself up …lol.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
See this post for past crafty projects, but I need to get working on a new crocheted project.
What are your top three pet peeves?
- Not being able to open a Ziplock bag. (Aka stupid bags of torment.)
- Waiting for green bananas to ripen.
- Anything else that I can’t open or budge. (Jesus gives me many opportunities to learn patience! Haha.)
What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
How about, I’m Canadian? Yes, I am Canadian! I don’t mention this too often. Go Canada!
My Nominees (if they so choose to accept the mission)