It truly was an unexpected and uplifting surprise to receive this award from Tina Suiagan of “The Open Concavity” Thank you so much Tina, and of course God who orchestrates it all.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” –James 1:17
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative and positive.
And now, because I don’t know what to say to that, I’m going to purposely change the subject…after I thank Tina one more time for her kind and uplifting nomination. Thank you, Tina!!!! ❤
How the Sunshine Blogger Award Works
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Inform your nominees through commenting on their post.
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Tina’s Questions for Me:
Why did you name your blog as such?
“God’s kid” was a screen name that I used to remind me who I am. Originally I wanted to name my blog something like “Walk by Faith” but apparently my ideas for blog names aren’t original; I spent a great deal of time trying to find a name that worked!
“God’s Kid Speaks” was a last ditch effort. At first I wasn’t thrilled with it, but now I believe that it’s exactly what God wanted. It makes sense. I once was The Girl Who Wouldn’t Speak. Now I’m a child of God who strives to be an open book to share the greatest message ever: the Bible and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What motivated you to start your blog?
The desire to encourage others as I was encouraged by the strong men and women of faith that He put in my life.
What is your blog’s niche and why did you choose to focus on it?
Faith, hope, and love. I chose to focus on these things because they’re important to me, and they need to be shared.
Who is your life’s greatest inspiration?
What is your philosophy in life and why?
I walk by faith, not by sight, because I believe that only God’s wisdom can be completely trusted and has the power to save and change lives. (1 Corinthians 1:18-31)
What song best exemplifies your current life situation?
“You never let me go, even when it hurts I know, It’s the way, the way, the way You’re making me like You.” ❤
If there’s one thing you want to change in yourself, what would that be and why?
Just one thing? This ones tough. Well, I haven’t mastered patience yet!
Dog or cat?
If you would be a food or cuisine, what would it be and why?
This one made me smile. It’s definitely not a question I’ve ever pondered. I guess I would be something unpopular! I’d have a better chance of survival. What do people really hate? Liver?
What is your greatest aspiration for humankind?
I don’t have any aspirations for humankind. This is God’s domain. I ‘ll just keep pointing to Him, and let Him finish what He’s started. (Philipians 1:6)
How do you see your blog 5 or 10 years from now?
Oh man… I hope I’m not writing about my current struggles still!!!! I hope and pray I’ve learned and grown, and that God uses what I’ve written to touch the lives of those who need to know His love.
And now the greatest part of receiving an award: passing it on!
My nominees are:
- Dave of “Revolutionary Musings”
- Valerie Cullers
- Ime of “Ime’s Diary”
- Saania of “Fun with Philosophy”
- Jason A. Muckley of “Poems for Warriors”
- Heather Daniel of “A Latte Hope”
- Perth Girl of “The “F” Word”
- Sally of “A Newfoundland Housewife”
- On a Mission
- Sandmoos “Stuffs and mo other stuffs”
And now my questions for you are… (*drum roll…*)
- What brought you to WordPress?
- Hotdogs or Hamburgers? Or maybe you’re vegetarian? A health foodie?
- If you could change one thing (not necessarily about yourself) what would it be?
- What’s your all time favorite memory?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Good question!)
- What are your hobbies?
- Who’s your favorite author? And/OR What’s your favorite type of book to read?
- If you were a politician, what issue would be top priority to you?
- Name three material items that you’d find difficult to live without.
- Who’s your favorite music artist? And Why?
- What are your life goals and dreams?